Are you stuck in the trap of being a People Pleaser?
Being a people pleaser is such hard work. It has a dramatic impact on your mental health, consuming you with fear, worry and guilt, and can leave you feeling extremely anxious and depressed.
Emotionally you are always 10 steps ahead of everyone else, worrying how your actions, or your point of view may effect somebody else. Hence, adjusting your views or thoughts to blend in with those around you. Never fully allowing yourself just to be who you really are.
We can’t please all the people all the time, however, we still try too. It feels almost like an addiction, as the thought of disappointing someone makes our stomach tie in a tight knot, and our head spins in circles with thousands of thoughts we simply cant switch off from. We feel totally emerged in, and can’t switch off from, our worrying thoughts. We may even spend hours thinking of countless scenarios, and thinking of our countless replies to any given situation.
People pleasing comes at a great cost. We are so busy putting everyone else’s needs before our own, and leading our lives to please and benefit others, we simply neglect our own needs, our own happiness, and our very own sense of self. It is the highest form of self-neglect and self-betrayal. It is generally coupled with a false belief that doing anything for ourselves is actually selfish.
I often ask my people pleasing clients this one very simple question – who is it, within your life, that is living their life, to totally please you?
This course will be ideal for you if you can identify with quite a few of the following traits.
- Do you find yourself continuously trying to maintain a relationship, that not only appears to be going anywhere, it also feels unfulfilling, unhealthy and makes you feel severely depressed with a low sense of self-worth?
- Do you have difficulty making decisions?
- Have difficulty identifying your feelings?
- Have difficulty communicating in a relationship?
- Are you unable to say no?
- Do you value the approval of others more than valuing yourself?
- Are you lacking trust within yourself and have poor self-esteem?
- Do you have fears of abandonment or an obsessive need for approval?
- Do you have an unhealthy dependence on relationships, even at the cost of your own well-being?
- Do you have an exaggerated sense of responsibility for the actions of others?
- Do you always put the needs of others before your own?
- Are you tortured by the idea that someone might not like you?This course can help you to increase your self-awareness, understand the unconscious driving force behind your thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
Help you to improve your internal validation.
Help you to develop a healthier sense of self.
Help you to put firm boundaries in place with people who constantly take advantage of you.
Learn you how to change your automatic responses. For example, instead of using your default button (your immediate yes reply) try hitting the pause button, buy yourself a little time, and learn to say – let me get back to you on that.
Help you to live your life more on your terms.
Give you advice and tips on how to control your anxiety.
Help you to recognise the toxic people in your life.
Help you to think about your own personal goals, and what it is you really want out of your life.
Help you discover the real you, whilst helping you to scratch the record on the people pleasing habits that simply aren’t serving you, and are holding you back from a meaningful quality of life.
Each week you will also be given a different challenge, to help you gain self-understanding and move you in a forward direction, towards a more fulfilling and meaningful life. Helping you to bridge the gap between where you are right now and the life you truly desire.